Here are 10 reasons why you should not wear eye makeup before eye surgery
- Wearing make-up can introduce bacteria into your eye, which can lead to an infection.
- Make-up can cause inflammation and irritation, both of which can interfere with the healing process after surgery.
- Make-up can also obscure the doctor’s view of your eye, making it difficult to properly assess the health of your eye prior to surgery.
- In some cases, LASIK surgery may not be possible if you have an active infection or recent inflammation.
- Even if you don’t wear make-up, certain products like lotion, sunscreen, and perfume can also increase your risk for complications after surgery.
- It’s important to have a clean face before surgery so that the doctor can properly prep your skin for the procedure.
- Washing your face thoroughly before surgery will also help to reduce your risk of infection.
- Make-up removers can sometimes be irritating, so it’s best to avoid them in the days leading up to your surgery.
- Water is really all you need to keep your skin clean before LASIK surgery!
- Following these pre-op instructions will help ensure that you have a successful surgery and quick recovery!
Ensure a successful recovery
So there you have it—10 good reasons why you should ditch the makeup and go au natural in the days leading up to your LASIK surgery! Just remember to follow all of your surgeon’s pre-op instructions so that you can have a successful outcome and quick recovery!
For more information, please book a free assessment.