We’ve put together some helpful questions regarding your LASIK surgeon and their training and experience. I suggest you ask these questions at any initial consultation you attend so that you can feel more confident before making a final decision.
Here are some questions to ask a LASIK surgeon about their training and experience:
- What is your professional training?
- How many of your patients achieve vision results of 20/20 or better?
- How many years of experience do you have, and how many LASIK procedures have you performed?
- Do you perform any other types of vision treatment?
- How do you handle complications? What percentage of patients have complications with the surgery?
- Have you ever performed LASIK on a family member or staff member?
The last question may seem strange, but a doctor who has performed the procedure on his staff or close relatives most likely knows what he or she is doing. They won’t take risks with other people’s vision because it’s their job to make sure everything goes smoothly and safely for everyone in attendance at all times.
To find out if you are a good candidate for LASIK, please book an online appointment with our team today. We will answer all of your questions and help make sure that the treatment is right for you.